Friday, March 30, 2012

Is there a statement to view table description in MS SQL

In Oracle I could type "Desc <table name> " to get the table and column information. Is there a similar statement in SQL 2000 to view a table description?right click the table and select "Design Table"|||I am using Query Analyzer to execute the SQL statment. I can not find Design Table in Query Analyzer. Please provide me more info.

Thanks|||In query analyzer, you can use SP_COLUMNS [table name] to get a list of all the columns of a table, along with all the properties of those columns.

I would recommend using "results in grid" to see the results.

Or for far more details about your table, you could use SP_HELP [table name]. This would give you several results about the table.

But I believe SP_COLUMNS will answer your question.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment