Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Is there a performance hit if I run with a db on compatibility level 80 in sql server 2005?

The database in the sql 2005 test environment is running quicker than in the prod of sql server 2000 (same server setups) with compatibility level 90 but due to some programming bugs we will need to go back to level 80.

Is there a performance hit if I run with a db on compatibility level 80 in sql server 2005?

Thanks,

Vin

I was told this by someone :

You may see some difference depends on the usage...
When you change cmpt to 8.0, sql engine has to be changed...new sql engine features will not work..

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143359.aspx

|||In my experience with actual benchmarks, I have not seen a performance difference between running in 8.0 and 9.0 mode. You lose access to many of the new features of 2005 (such as DMV's) when you are in 8.0 mode.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment