Friday, March 30, 2012

Is there a simple way to print the following

This is so stupid of a question but is there a simple way to print (to a printer) the results of SELECT * FROM SkillGoals -- To show all data(including column headings?)

Are you trying to do this from Query Analyzer? There's no waythat I know of. I usually copy and paste to Excel and print itfrom there.
I would LOVE an easy way for my copy-and-paste to also include thecolumn headings, but I haven't been able to find a way to do that.
|||yeh my boss suggested pulling it into access and that's to much work--they really should have a way to both print from QA (you are correct -- I'm trying to print from QA), and pull in the column headings. I ended up just copy & paste to Excel and Added my own column headings. Thanks though for the response.|||You might want to change the status of this back to Not Resolved. Just because I don't know doesn't mean there's not a way, or thatsomeone doesn't have a better solution :-) Personally I'd give ita day or 2 for more input.
|||

Good Idea!

|||I havent tried it but wouldnt the column headings show up if you change the status to "print results to file" ?
|||

ndinakar wrote:

I havent tried it but wouldnt the columnheadings show up if you change the status to "print results to file" ?


Sorry, I am not following. Change what status, and where?
|||Couldnt remember off the top of my head..in QA under Query -> Results to File. Doesnt that work ?
|||

ndinakar wrote:

Couldnt remember off the top of my head..in QA under Query -> Results to File. Doesnt that work ?


OK, in QA if you click into the results pane, and do a File -- Save As, thereis indeed an option to save as a CSV file or as a tab delimited file. But unforunately neither option saves the column headings.

No comments:

Post a Comment