Friday, March 30, 2012

Is there a self-reference variable so I don't have to refer to a c

Is there a self-reference variable so I don't have to refer to a cell by it's
name? I'd like to do a "iif( self.value = nothing, "Silver","Transparent" )"
so I can do it on the whole table.
--
"Everyone knows something you don't know"On Jun 4, 1:11 pm, David Bienstock <davidleebspam-sq...@.yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Is there a self-reference variable so I don't have to refer to a cell by it's
> name? I'd like to do a "iif( self.value = nothing, "Silver","Transparent" )"
> so I can do it on the whole table.
> --
> "Everyone knows something you don't know"
If the table control cell references a single dataset field (which is
usually the case), you should be able to reference that field outside
the current cell (i.e., =iif(Fields!FieldName.Value = nothing,
"Silver", "Transparent"). That said, as far as I know, there is not a
way to reference the field as 'this.' or 'me.' or any of the like
realistically. Sorry that I could not be of greater assistance.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant|||yes you can have
=iif (me.value < Parameters!<paramName>.value, option1, option2)
"David Bienstock" <davidleebspam-sqlrs@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:34038AF5-4553-4383-A229-25A86427D44C@.microsoft.com...
> Is there a self-reference variable so I don't have to refer to a cell by
> it's
> name? I'd like to do a "iif( self.value = nothing,
> "Silver","Transparent" )"
> so I can do it on the whole table.
> --
> "Everyone knows something you don't know"sql

No comments:

Post a Comment