Wednesday, March 28, 2012

is there a quick way to get a list of roles a user is a member of?

What I'm looking for is a list of roles a particular user is a member
of.

the closest I've found so far is sp_helprolemember without any
arguements. but this gives me all the roles and all the users. I want
this same list filtered on a specific user.
something like sp_? 'user'Hi

Maybe:

CREATE TABLE #UserRoles (
DbRole sysname,
MemberName sysname,
MemberSID varbinary(85) )

INSERT INTO #UserRoles (
DbRole ,
MemberName ,
MemberSID )
EXEC sp_helprolemember

SELECT * FROM #UserRoles WHERE MemberName = 'dbo'

John

"IndianaJonesWB" <jryan@.lcra.org> wrote in message
news:1103735940.367536.213730@.c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> What I'm looking for is a list of roles a particular user is a member
> of.
> the closest I've found so far is sp_helprolemember without any
> arguements. but this gives me all the roles and all the users. I want
> this same list filtered on a specific user.
> something like sp_? 'user'|||Perfectamundo! Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment