Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Is there a proc to get the condensed type?

In EM's Diagrams, when I right click a table, select Table View | Modify
Custom ... I can add a column called Condensed Type. So instead of adding
the type, size, precision columns, it just adds something like this
"DECIMAL(4,2)" for example.
Is there a proc which does this? generates the Condensed Type?
Thanks in advance.
John
PS-I do realize I can easily do it myself, but I'd rather use something that
exists already. thxHi
I am not sure what you are wanting this for! The condensed datatype view is
just a different way of displaying the information, therefore displaying it
this way will depend on your circumstances. Using SQL profiler will show you
what procedures are called to get this information.
You may want to look at the scripting options in QAs object brower if you
want to cut/paste information.
John
"John MacIntyre" wrote:

> In EM's Diagrams, when I right click a table, select Table View | Modify
> Custom ... I can add a column called Condensed Type. So instead of addin
g
> the type, size, precision columns, it just adds something like this
> "DECIMAL(4,2)" for example.
> Is there a proc which does this? generates the Condensed Type?
> Thanks in advance.
> John
> PS-I do realize I can easily do it myself, but I'd rather use something th
at
> exists already. thx
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment